Review: Drive by Jacob Chance

Drive

By: Jacob Chance

Kissing a complete stranger shouldn't be a life altering experience, but with him it was. One look into his mischievous hazel eyes and our lips were colliding without a second thought. Now, months later, not only do I know his name, we've also become friends. Good friends. The kind of friends that kiss and cuddle together, all night long. The kind of friends that fantasize about being horizontal or vertical...and very much naked. I'd never been attracted to the football playing jocks, but Nick's different. When he's not being a professional flirt, he's undeniably sweet and funny. For every excuse my mind comes up with to keep my distance, my body finds two reasons to give him a chance. Can he make the final drive into my heart or will I keep him in the friend zone? 







Four Stars

Carter is freshly out of a bad breakup and is trying to find herself. She has always lived to please others and now all she wants to do is be herself. Having a wardrobe only consisting of pink isn't helping either. When she meets Nick, she doesn't want to know to know him. She just wants to be wild for once. A toe curling kiss turns has Carter second guessing everything she has every known about relationships. As time goes on, Nick and Carter begin to develop a fun and easy going friendship that leads to more kissing and cuddling. Will Nick and Carter find a HEA or will ex-hookups and vindictive sisters find a way to destroy it all?

Carter is shy and unsure of herself. She just wants to fall in love like her little sister Reagan, but her past has prevented her from getting too involved. She doesn't want to feel heartbreak again. This leads her to over analyze everything that happens between her and Nick. Nick is such a great character. He is quick-witted and has some of the best comebacks. He is also always completely honest. He is upfront with Carter about his feelings and does his best to prove his intentions. 

"Why do I have to listen to what you say? I'm an adult. I'm older than you are," she huffs.
"You have to listen to me because I'm the guy who's crazy about you."
"You are?"
"Yeah, I am. Absofuckinglutely crazy about you. I want more than friendship from you. I want to date you, kiss you, make you laugh, and occasionally annoy you."

This was my first time reading one of Jacob's books, and I can definitely say it will not be my last. Overall, this was a cute and exciting read that left me #Nickstracted. This book is a standalone, but it has many characters from some of Jacob's previous books. The entire time I was reading, I was wondering about Reagan's and Harlow's stories. Punched and Penalty are now on my TBR list! I also hope he ends up writing a story for Zeke and Kennedy. I need to know how their stories end!




Comments