Review: Casual by Emma Pearce


Casual

Casual

By: Emma Pearce

It was suppose to be a one night stand. But I can't get him out of my mind and Aiden doesn't seem ready to let me go just yet. He sounded so good on the dating app; he had to be fake. So I agreed to meet him, if only to expose a catfish. But Aiden was not like the pictures. Oh no. He was so much better. I want to stay with him. I want to pretend this won't blow up in my face. But after so many heartbreaks, I can't let him in. I can't let myself fall. Is there a such thing as casual turning into forever?












Four Stars

Christine is trying to live her life after a disastrous past relationship that has left her second guessing all of her choices. She received more than just a breakup from her ex, and isn't quite sure how to proceed. However, she has two best friends who are willing to stick by her side through thick and thin. They are her support group, and are willing to help her get back in the dating game by signing her up on Tinder. Christine matches with several guys, but the one guy who catches her eye seems too good to be true. Aiden is just looking for casual one night stands. Will their one night stand turn into something more, or is Aiden really a catfish?

Wow!!! This this the first book that I have read by this author, and I can definitely say it will not be my last.  The banter that takes place between Christine and her best friends, Lis and Hazel, is hilarious. The author was able to capture the true meaning of friendship through these characters. Their easy going attitudes and quirkiness make you want to be their fourth friend. Christine may have been scared to put herself out there, but her friends were there every step of the way. Aiden was also a fun character who did not have trouble telling Christine exactly what he wanted. Even though this book is solely from Christine's POV, you are able to see the shift in Aiden's feelings, and the twist at the end verifies that!

This novella  was such a fun and quick read. I am looking forward to seeing more of this couple, and I am hoping that Lis and Hazel get their own books in the future.  

***ARC generously provided by author for an honest review.**

Comments