Review: Fly by Molly McLain


Image result for fly molly mclain

Fly

By: Molly McLain

Meet Colton Wade, FMX rider... I'm just a small guy who caught a lucky break. Now I'm living the dream, on the brink of high-flying super-stardom. But something's missing. That something is Taylor. She's my best friend. The one who makes me want to push harder and higher. The one I fall back on when shit gets tough. The one I'd give it all up for. I'd do anything to protect her. To make her dream come true too. But a single night changes everything. And now the one she needs protection from ... is me. 















Three Stars

Colton and Taylor have been best friends since they were little Their friendship has remained intact even though Colton is now a FMX superstar. His up and coming career demands that he is away from home and away from Taylor. Colton wishes she would get away from Maribel and do something for herself, but Taylor has reasons for wanting to stay in their small town. Over the course of the story, Colton and Taylor feel the shift in their relationship and battle with themselves on how they should proceed. Will Colton and Taylor get their happily ever after? This is part 1 of their story, and this book ends with a cliffhanger.

This book had a good story line that flowed to make it a quick and easy read. However, I wished there was more background knowledge about Colton and Taylor's childhood to help set the tone of the relationship. Colton was your basic cocky athlete who has all he could ever ask for: money, parties, and women. After a trip back home, he decides he wants Taylor, and he will stop at nothing to get her. However, I did not like that Colton and Taylor's relationship came with stipulations. Nobody should have to agree to those terms. Taylor was a kind, sweet character who takes care of everyone around her. Some might call her a doormat at times because she never did anything for herself. Towards the end of the book, she finally grows a backbone and goes after what she has always wanted. I am excited to see if she gets all that and more in the next book. 

There were secondary characters in the book, but I wish they had more of a presence in the book. I would have liked to know more about Tito and the other racing guys. Brandon and Sara also seemed like they had a very interesting relationship. 

Overall, I really enjoyed the book and can't wait to see what happens to Colton and Taylor's relationship. 

Comments