Review: Sugar by Mandi Beck

Sugar

By: Mandi Beck

Country's hottest bad boy.
That's what they call me. My label ate it up until I became "too bad" for the good folks of country music. That's when Hard Candy Records picked me up and took a chance on me. Probably not their smartest move, but I wont tell them that. Especially when they have assigned me a babysitter to try and keep my ass out of trouble. One smart-mouthed, unimpressed, sexy as homegrown sin, Addy Mae Masterson. She likes to pretend she doesn't like me and I like to let her. I may have a past that haunts me and she may have a habit of getting attached, but damn if I don't want to show her just how good this bad boy can be. 








Five Stars


OMG!!! What do you get when you mix a wild, country music star with a hard core, business savvy woman??? Fireworks!!! This book was so amazing! It is definitely my new favorite from Mandi Beck.

Addy Mae is a partner with her friends at Hard Candy Records. She doesn't deal much with the music side of the business, so she is tasked with being the babysitter for country music's bad boy. Beau is on a downward spiral and needs Addy's and Hard Candy Record's support if he is going to keep his music career. Addy knows without a doubt that there is a very real possibility of her getting attached to Beau, and she is upfront about it. Beau knows he will do everything in his power to keep her from getting attached. Will Addy find happily ever after or will Beau's past threaten to destroy it all?

I loved the push and pull between Addy and Beau. There was constant back and forth banter between these two. Addy was trying to be professional and hide her feelings, while Beau was using his Texan charm to win her over which resulted in some fun and steamy scenes. I mean who doesn't want to go to church and do the watermelon crawl? 

"You're beautiful."
"I'm filthy," is her quick response.
"Doesn't matter, I like you dirty," I fire back. And I do.
"Are you flirting with me?"
"Only every time I open my mouth."

It was also fun to revisit the characters from the Wrecked series. The dynamic of the characters in this book is amazing. I cannot wait to see what happens next in the series! Will Judge and Scarlet get together? And what about Beau's brother, Sealy? He needs his own book too!




Comments